🎙️ Podcast #39|Why do you compare yourself to others? – 为什么你总是拿自己和别人比较?| Chinese Listening Practice

🎙️ Podcast #39|Why do you compare yourself to others? – 为什么你总是拿自己和别人比较? | Chinese Listening Practice

Welcome to our Learn Chinese Through Podcast blog. Sit back, listen softly, and let Mandarin guide you into restful sleep.

📌 Categories

🎧 Podcast - 播客

📄 Script - 脚本

大家好,欢迎来到今天的中文学习时间。

Hello everyone, welcome to today's Chinese learning time.

我是你们的中文朋友。

I am your Chinese friend.

今天我们要说一个很常见的话题。

Today we are going to talk about a very common topic.

你有没有想过:为什么我们常常拿自己和别人比较?

Have you ever wondered: Why do we often compare ourselves with others?

比如,你看到别人的考试成绩很好,你觉得自己不好;你看到别人很漂亮,你开始不开心;

For example, when you see others’ good test scores, you feel bad about yourself; when you see others are beautiful, you start to feel unhappy;

你看到别人学中文很快,你就觉得自己很慢。

When you see others learning Chinese quickly, you think you are slow.

其实,这样的感觉,我们每个人都有过。

In fact, each of us has had this feeling.

我小时候也这样,总觉得别人比我好。

I was like this when I was a child, always thinking that others were better than me.

但是,为什么我们会有这种想法呢?

But why do we have this idea?

今天,我们一起来聊聊这个问题。

Today, let’s talk about this issue together.

这个话题很有意思,也和我们的生活很有关系。

This topic is very interesting and closely related to our lives.

听完以后,你可能会对自己更有信心,也会知道该怎么面对这种比较的心情。

After listening to this, you may have more confidence in yourself and know how to deal with this feeling of comparison.

我们一起加油吧!

Let’s cheer together!

其实,我们的大脑很聪明,它每天帮我们做很多事情。

In fact, our brain is very smart and it helps us do many things every day.

有时候,我们不知道,但是大脑已经开始想了。

Sometimes, we don’t know, but our brain has already started thinking about it.

拿自己和别人比较,也是大脑的一个习惯。

Comparing yourself to others is also a habit of the brain.

这个习惯很早以前就有了。

This habit has existed for a long time.

那时候,人们要找食物,要安全地生活,如果看到别人有东西吃,自己没有,

At that time, people had to find food and live safely. If they saw others had food to eat but they had nothing,

就会觉得不安全。

You will feel unsafe.

所以,大脑会告诉我们:“你要像他一样,你要更好。

So, the brain tells us, “You have to be like him, you have to be better.

”这个想法帮助人们活下去。

"This idea helps people stay alive.

但是现在,我们不再每天为食物和安全担心了,可是这个想法还在。

But now, we no longer worry about food and safety every day, but the idea still exists.

我们还是会想:“他比我好,我要更好。

We still think, “He’s better than me, I want to be better.

”这个就是比较的开始。

This is where the comparison begins.

在学校里,老师给我们考试,给我们分数。

In school, teachers give us tests and give us grades.

有时候我们得了80分,可是看到别人得了90分,我们就不开心。

Sometimes we get 80 points, but when we see others get 90 points, we feel unhappy.

明明自己已经进步了,可是因为别人更高,我们就觉得自己不好。

We have clearly made progress, but because others are better than us, we feel that we are not good enough.

其实,这只是一个感觉,不是事实。

In fact, this is just a feeling, not a fact.

每个人的学习时间不一样,有的人学习快,有的人慢一点,但只要每天努力,

Everyone's learning time is different. Some people learn quickly, some people learn slowly, but as long as you work hard every day,

就会越来越好。

It will get better and better.

大脑喜欢比较,是因为它想知道“我现在在哪儿?

The brain likes to compare because it wants to know, “Where am I now?

别人在哪儿?

Where are the others?

”这样它才觉得安全。

"That way it feels safe.

现在我们常常用手机、看视频,看别人生活得很好,吃好吃的饭,去漂亮的地方,

Nowadays, we often use our phones and watch videos to see others living a good life, eating delicious meals, and going to beautiful places.

有很多朋友。

Have a lot of friends.

我们就觉得:“他生活那么好,我呢?

We think, “He has such a good life, what about me?

”其实,我们看到的只是别人的一部分,不是全部。

"In fact, what we see is only a part of others, not all of them.

他们也有难过、累、失败的时候,只是没有告诉我们。

They also have times when they are sad, tired, and fail, but they just don't tell us.

所以我们用自己全部的生活,去和别人最好的那一面比较,这样怎么可能公平呢?

So we spend our entire lives comparing ourselves to the best of others. How can that be fair?

如果我们一直比较,我们就会不开心,觉得自己不好,不想学习,也不想前进。

If we keep comparing ourselves, we will be unhappy, feel bad about ourselves, and not want to learn or move forward.

我们忘了,自己也有优点,也有努力的地方。

We forget that we also have strengths and areas where we can work hard.

比如你现在在听中文播客,说明你很努力学习。

For example, if you are listening to a Chinese podcast right now, it means you are studying hard.

这就是你的进步。

This is your progress.

别人可能不会说中文,但你可以。

Others may not be able to speak Chinese, but you can.

这也是你的特别之处。

This is also what makes you special.

我们每个人都不一样,有自己的路、自己的时间。

Each of us is different, with our own path and our own time.

拿自己和别人比,只会让我们忘记自己的目标。

Comparing ourselves to others will only make us forget our goals.

所以,当你又开始觉得“我不够好”、“别人比我强”的时候,

So, when you start to feel that "I am not good enough" or "others are better than me",

请告诉自己:“我已经很好了,我在路上。

Tell yourself: "I'm doing fine, and I'm on my way.

”用这样的心情去学习,去生活,你会发现,自己一点一点在变好,不需要和别人一样,

"If you study and live with this attitude, you will find that you are getting better little by little. You don't need to be the same as others.

只要比昨天的自己更好,就足够了。

As long as you are better than you were yesterday, that is enough.

有时候,我们比较不是因为想比较,而是因为我们看到了别人。

Sometimes, we compare not because we want to, but because we see others.

有一个人走得很快,我们就觉得自己走得太慢。

When someone walks very fast, we feel that we are walking too slowly.

可是他为什么走得快?

But why did he walk so fast?

他是不是已经走了很久?

Has he been gone for a long time?

他是不是每天都练习?

Does he practice every day?

我们不知道。

We don't know.

我们只看到结果,没有看到过程。

We only see the results, not the process.

所以我们就会想太多,觉得自己不好。

So we think too much and feel bad about ourselves.

其实,每个人有自己的生活节奏。

In fact, everyone has his or her own pace of life.

你的快,不一定是别人的快;别人的好,也不一定适合你。

Your speed may not be someone else’s speed; someone else’s good may not be suitable for you.

比如,有的人一天可以学十个汉字,你一天学五个。

For example, some people can learn ten Chinese characters a day, but you only learn five.

可是你每天学,学得很认真,记得很清楚,这样也很好。

But you study every day, study very seriously, and remember clearly, which is also good.

学习不是比赛,生活也不是。

Study is not a competition, and neither is life.

我们在学习中文的时候也会比较。

We also make comparisons when we learn Chinese.

有的人发音很好,有的人写字很快,有的人听力很强。

Some people have good pronunciation, some write very quickly, and some have strong listening skills.

可是你有没有看到自己?

But have you seen yourself?

你是不是也有自己的优点?

Do you have your own strengths?

也许你很努力,也许你从来不放弃,也许你学得慢,但学得稳。

Maybe you work very hard, maybe you never give up, maybe you learn slowly but steadily.

这些都是优点。

These are all advantages.

不要只看别人哪里比你好,也要看看自己哪里做得不错。

Don't just look at where others are better than you, also look at where you do well.

每天早上问问自己:“我今天想学什么?

Ask yourself every morning, “What do I want to learn today?

”晚上问问自己:“我有没有进步?

"Ask yourself at night: "Have I made any progress?

”这样的比较才是最重要的。

“It’s that comparison that matters most.

其实,比较也不是坏事。

In fact, comparison is not a bad thing.

如果我们可以用比较来了解自己,来看清楚目标,那它就是好的。

If we can use comparison to understand ourselves and see our goals clearly, then it is good.

比如你看到一个人汉语说得很好,你可以想:“我也想那样说得好,我要怎么做?

For example, if you see someone speaking Chinese very well, you can think: "I want to speak Chinese well like that, how can I do it?

”然后你开始每天练习说中文,听中文,慢慢地你也变得更好。

"Then you start practicing speaking and listening to Chinese every day, and slowly you get better.

这个时候,比较给了你力量。

At this time, comparison gives you power.

它让你想前进,而不是让你想放弃。

It makes you want to move forward instead of making you want to give up.

这种比较是积极的,有帮助的。

This comparison is positive and helpful.

可是不好的比较会让你生气、难过、觉得自己不够好,觉得自己很差。

But bad comparisons will make you angry, sad, feel that you are not good enough, and feel that you are very bad.

这种时候,你要停一下,告诉自己:“我不需要和别人一样,我只要做我自己。

At this time, you have to stop and tell yourself: "I don't need to be like others, I just need to be myself.

”你可以慢慢来,也可以走自己的路。

"You can take your time, or you can go your own way.

不要害怕慢,只要不停就好。

Don't be afraid to go slow, just keep going.

有一天你会发现,其实你已经走得很远了。

One day you will find that you have actually come very far.

你现在在听中文内容,你在想这个问题,这已经说明你在成长。

You are listening to Chinese content now and thinking about this question, which means you are growing.

不要担心别人走得多快,你要看自己是不是每天都在走。

Don't worry about how fast others walk, just check whether you are walking every day.

每个人都有自己的时间,每个人的花都会开,只是时间不同。

Everyone has his own time, and everyone's flowers will bloom, just at different times.

你也是一朵花,只要你一直努力,就一定会开花。

You are also a flower. As long as you keep working hard, you will bloom.

相信自己,你已经在路上了。

Believe in yourself, you are already on the way.

生活中,我们看到很多人比我们好,工作好,学习好,生活也很好。

In life, we see many people who are better than us, who work well, study well, and live well.

我们心里会有一点不高兴,觉得自己什么都没有。

We may feel a little unhappy and feel that we have nothing.

这个时候,我们很容易忘记自己的目标。

At this time, it is easy for us to forget our goals.

我们开始想:“我为什么这么差?

We start to wonder, “Why am I so bad?

”、“我是不是不够聪明?

"Am I not smart enough?

”、“我是不是不行?

”, “Am I not capable enough?

”这些想法会慢慢变成压力,让我们不想前进。

"These thoughts can slowly turn into stress and prevent us from moving forward.

其实,这些只是你的感觉,不是事实。

In fact, these are just your feelings, not facts.

你可能只是太累了,太着急了,忘了自己的努力和进步。

You may just be too tired and too anxious to remember your own efforts and progress.

我们可以问问自己:“我现在做的,是我想要的吗?

We can ask ourselves: "Am I doing what I want now?

”、“我学习中文,是为了谁?

", "Who am I learning Chinese for?

”当你知道自己的答案,就不会轻易被别人影响。

"When you know your own answers, you won't be easily influenced by others.

比如,你学中文是因为你喜欢中文,是因为你想和中国朋友说话,是因为你想看中文电影,

For example, you learn Chinese because you like Chinese, because you want to talk to Chinese friends, because you want to watch Chinese movies,

那你就可以慢慢来。

Then you can take your time.

别人快,那是他们的事;你学得开心,学得认真,这才是重要的。

If others are fast, that’s their business; what’s important is that you learn happily and seriously.

有些比较是好的。

Some comparisons are good.

它会让你有目标,会让你进步。

It will give you goals and make you progress.

比如,你看到别人每天读中文书,你也开始读书;你看到别人用中文写日记,你也试一试。

For example, if you see others reading Chinese books every day, you can start reading too; if you see others writing diaries in Chinese, you can try it too.

这样,你在学习中找到动力,你不是为了比别人好,而是想变得更好。

In this way, you find motivation in learning. You don’t try to be better than others, but to become better.

这种比较是积极的,是有用的。

This comparison is positive and useful.

但是如果你每天都只是在看别人,然后说:“我不行,我太差了。

But if you just look at others every day and say, "I can't do it, I'm so bad.

”那就不对了。

"That's not right.

你这样只是在伤害自己,而不是帮助自己。

You're only hurting yourself, not helping yourself.

我们要学会选择比较的方式。

We must learn to choose the way of comparison.

你可以和过去的自己比。

You can compare yourself to your past self.

昨天的你可能不认识“你好”,今天的你已经会说“你好吗?

You may not have known “hello” yesterday, but today you already know how to say “how are you?

”这就是进步。

“That’s progress.

上个月的你听不懂中文歌,现在你能听懂几个词,这也是进步。

Last month you couldn’t understand Chinese songs, but now you can understand a few words. This is also progress.

这些进步是你自己的,别人看不到,但你要看到。

These improvements are your own, others cannot see them, but you have to see them.

每天只要比昨天好一点点,那你就已经赢了。

As long as every day is a little better than yesterday, you have already won.

你不需要很快,也不需要很完美,只要一直努力,就一定会有结果。

You don't need to be fast, and you don't need to be perfect. As long as you keep working hard, you will definitely get results.

每个人的路都不一样。

Everyone's path is different.

有的人很早成功,有的人走得慢一点,但他们也能到终点。

Some people succeed early, some people go a little slower, but they can also reach the finish line.

不要着急,也不要放弃。

Don't rush, and don't give up.

你可以有自己的节奏,有自己的计划。

You can have your own pace and your own plan.

你走得慢,也是在走;你学得慢,也是在学。

Even if you walk slowly, you are still walking; even if you learn slowly, you are still learning.

重要的是,你在路上,你还在努力,这就很好。

What’s important is that you are on the road and you are still working hard, and that’s good.

相信自己,不要只看别人,也要看到自己的光。

Believe in yourself, don’t just look at others, but also see your own light.

你的光很特别,也很重要。

Your light is special and important.

当我们学会不和别人比较,而是和自己比较,心里就会安静很多。

When we learn not to compare ourselves with others but with ourselves, our hearts will be much calmer.

每天起床,你可以告诉自己:“我今天要做一点小小的进步。

When you wake up each day, you can tell yourself, “I’m going to make a small improvement today.

”这个进步不一定很大,也不一定很快,比如:学一个新词,说一句新句子,

"This progress may not be big or fast, for example: learning a new word, saying a new sentence,

听一段中文音频。

Listen to a Chinese audio clip.

这样的练习看起来很小,但一天一天地做,你会发现自己越来越好。

Such exercises may seem small, but if you do them day by day, you will find yourself getting better and better.

就像爬山一样,不需要跑,只要一直走,就会到山顶。

Just like climbing a mountain, you don’t need to run, just keep walking and you will reach the top.

很多时候,我们不是因为别人做得好而难过,而是因为我们没有看到自己做得好。

Many times, we are not sad because others do well, but because we don’t see that we do well.

你可能没有高分,但你每天都在学习;你可能说得不快,但你一直在练习。

You may not have high scores, but you are learning every day; you may not speak fast, but you are practicing.

你不是没有能力,只是你需要时间。

It's not that you don't have the ability, it's just that you need time.

世界上的花不会同时开,有的花春天开,有的夏天开,也有的冬天才开。

The flowers in the world do not bloom at the same time. Some flowers bloom in spring, some bloom in summer, and some bloom in winter.

你也是一朵花,有自己的季节,只要你认真浇水、晒太阳,总有一天你会开花。

You are also a flower, and you have your own season. As long as you water it carefully and expose it to the sun, you will bloom one day.

你可以写一个小本子,记录每天的进步。

You can keep a small notebook to record your daily progress.

今天你学会了“我喜欢吃米饭”,明天你学会了“我在家看书”,

Today you learned "I like to eat rice", tomorrow you learned "I read books at home",

后天你能说出“我会说一点汉语”。

The day after tomorrow you will be able to say "I can speak a little Chinese".

把这些写下来,过一个月、三个月、一年后再看,你会很惊讶:原来我进步了这么多。

Write these down and look at them again after one month, three months, or a year. You will be surprised how much progress you have made.

这些进步是你自己的,不是从别人那里来的,是你努力的结果。

These improvements are your own, not from others, and are the result of your hard work.

我们常说“慢就是快”,这句话真的很好。

We often say "slow is fast", which is really a good saying.

如果你每天只想着快,你会很累,很容易放弃;但如果你每天做一点,走一步,不停下来,

If you only think about speed every day, you will be very tired and give up easily; but if you do a little bit every day, take a step forward, and don't stop,

你就会一直在前进。

You will always be moving forward.

这样你不会太累,也不会太害怕。

This way you won't be too tired or too scared.

最重要的是,你不会放弃。

Most importantly, you don't give up.

一个不放弃的人,一定会到达自己的目标。

A person who never gives up will definitely reach his goal.

有时候你也可以休息一下,看看自己已经走了多远,做了多少努力。

Sometimes you can also take a break and reflect on how far you have come and how much effort you have put in.

给自己一个笑容,说一句:“我做得不错。

Give yourself a smile and say, “I did a good job.

”我们太常说“我不够好”,太少说“我很好”。

"We say "I'm not good enough" too often and "I'm good" too rarely.

现在开始,试着多看看自己的好,哪怕只是一个词,一句话,一点点努力,

From now on, try to see more of your good side, even if it is just a word, a sentence, or a little bit of effort.

都值得你给自己一点鼓励。

It's worth giving yourself a little encouragement.

你对自己好一点,你就会更有力气走下去。

If you treat yourself better, you will have more strength to move on.

学会看到自己,而不是只看到别人,这是成长的第一步。

Learning to see yourself, rather than just others, is the first step to growth.

你已经在路上了。

You're already on your way.

每次我们看到别人比我们好,其实心里最需要的不是更多的努力,而是更多的爱。

Every time we see that others are better than us, what we really need is not more effort, but more love.

爱自己,不是骄傲,也不是自私,而是明白自己已经很好。

Loving yourself is not about being proud or selfish, but about understanding that you are already good enough.

你每天都在努力学习,每天都想变得更好,这已经是很了不起的事了。

You are working hard to learn and get better every day, which is already a great thing.

不要总想着自己不够好,其实你已经很好。

Don’t always think that you are not good enough, in fact, you are already very good.

你会写字,会说话,会思考,你会学习新的语言,这都是你的力量。

You can write, speak, think, and learn new languages; these are your strengths.

当你开始学会爱自己,你就不会那么在意别人怎么看你。

When you start learning to love yourself, you won't care so much about what others think of you.

你会更清楚自己要什么,也更安心地走自己的路。

You will have a clearer idea of what you want and feel more at ease walking your own path.

别人学得快,那是他们的路;你学得稳,是你的选择。

Others learn quickly, that is their way; you learn steadily, that is your choice.

世界上没有两个人完全一样,每个人都有自己的时间。

No two people in the world are exactly alike, and everyone has their own time.

你只需要相信:我也可以,我也会变好。

You just need to believe: I can do it, and I will get better.

你走的路虽然不一样,但同样美丽。

Although the path you take is different, it is equally beautiful.

你可以每天早上对自己说一句鼓励的话,

You can say an encouraging word to yourself every morning.

比如“我今天可以学会一个新词”、“我会听懂这段中文”、“我不会放弃”。

For example, “I can learn a new word today,” “I will understand this Chinese passage,” and “I will not give up.”

这样简单的一句话,可以让你心里更有力气,让你觉得今天是新的开始。

Such a simple sentence can give you more strength in your heart and make you feel that today is a new beginning.

学习中文不容易,生活也不容易,但你还在继续,你还在走,这已经是最好的事。

Learning Chinese is not easy, and life is not easy either, but you are still going on, you are still moving forward, and this is already the best thing.

如果有一天你真的很累,也可以停一下,休息一下。

If you are really tired one day, you can stop and take a rest.

休息不是放弃,而是为了走更远的路。

Resting is not giving up, but to go further.

你可以去散步,听喜欢的音乐,看看外面的风景,然后再回来学习。

You can go for a walk, listen to your favorite music, see the scenery outside, and then come back to study.

你的路上不只有比较,还有阳光、朋友、书本、声音,还有你自己的笑。

There is not only comparison on your path, but also sunshine, friends, books, voices, and your own smile.

你不是一个人,还有很多人也在努力,也在慢慢走。

You are not alone. There are many people who are also working hard and making slow progress.

你不是最慢的,你也不是最差的,你只是一个正在成长的人。

You are not the slowest, you are not the worst, you are just a person who is growing.

请你记得,不要因为别人走得快,就忘记了自己的方向。

Please remember, don't forget your own direction just because others are walking fast.

你只要一步一步地走,就已经很了不起。

As long as you take one step at a time, you will be amazing.

你不需要比别人快,只要比昨天的自己好一点,就够了。

You don't need to be faster than others, as long as you are better than yesterday.

每一个进步,每一次练习,每一句话,都是你努力的结果。

Every progress, every practice, every word is the result of your hard work.

别人看不到没关系,你自己知道就好。

It doesn’t matter if others can’t see it, as long as you know it.

你是特别的,你有光,你值得被看见。

You are special, you have light, and you deserve to be seen.

继续走,不放弃,你的中文会越来越好,你的心也会越来越强。

Keep going and don’t give up. Your Chinese will get better and better, and your heart will become stronger and stronger.

你会成为更好的自己,这就是最重要的。

You'll become a better version of yourself, and that's all that matters.

✍️ Vocabulary & Examples - 词汇和例子

Let's learn a few useful and meaningful phrases from today's podcast!

比较 bǐjiào

Meaning: to compare; comparison

Explanation: Used when putting two things or people side by side to judge differences. Here it talks about comparing yourself with others.

Example from the text: 拿自己和别人比较,也是大脑的一个习惯。

自己 zìjǐ

Meaning: oneself; self

Explanation: Refers to you, not others. Very common in daily Chinese and important for self-reflection topics.

Example from the text: 告诉自己:“我已经很好了,我在路上。”

别人 biérén

Meaning: other people; others

Explanation: Often appears together with 自己 when talking about comparisons or social feelings.

Example from the text: 我们用自己全部的生活,去和别人最好的那一面比较。

习惯 xíguàn

Meaning: habit

Explanation: Something you do regularly without thinking much. The text says comparison is a brain habit formed long ago.

Example from the text: 拿自己和别人比较,也是大脑的一个习惯。

努力 nǔlì

Meaning: to work hard; make effort

Explanation: A key study word. Even if you learn slowly, steady effort brings results.

Example from the text: 只要每天努力,就会越来越好。

进步 jìnbù

Meaning: progress; improvement

Explanation: Used to describe getting better step by step. Compare with your past self to see progress.

Example from the text: 明明自己已经进步了,可是因为别人更高,我们就觉得自己不好。

慢 màn / 快 kuài

Meaning: slow / fast

Explanation: Common adjectives to talk about speed in learning or life pace. Everyone has a different rhythm.

Example from the text: 有的人学习快,有的人慢一点,但只要每天努力,就会越来越好。

相信 xiāngxìn

Meaning: to believe; to trust

Explanation: Often used with 自己 (believe in yourself) to build confidence.

Example from the text: 相信自己,你已经在路上了。

目标 mùbiāo

Meaning: goal; target

Explanation: A clear goal guides your study and turns comparison into motivation.

Example from the text: 我们要学会选择比较的方式。你可以和过去的自己比。 (这句话强调把注意力放在个人目标与成长上)

花 huā  开花 kāihuā

Meaning: flower; to bloom

Explanation: A simple image used as a metaphor: everyone has their season to bloom, so don’t rush.

Example from the text: 每个人的花都会开,只是时间不同。

Nhận xét